Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 10 upgrades for users in over 120 countries worldwide, as a completely free upgrade for older versions of licensed Windows.
Here is everything you want to know about Windows 10, before you upgrade.
Now, let’s go ahead & see how to download & install Windows 10 officially, using the media creation tool, so that you can install it on multiple computers.
This procedure can be used for upgrading your old Windows, such as; Windows 7, Windows 8x to the new Windows 10 or you can create installable USB / DVD of Windows 10 using this method.
Download the tool
- Download the media creation tool: 32 bit | 64 bit
- To find out which is suitable the most – check your computer > Control Panel > System (Or call us toll-free to help you with the same)
- When the tool is downloaded, click Run (or Save & then run the tool)
Run the tool
- Run the tool if you haven’t done it already. Make sure you run it using ‘Administrator’ privilege
- Choose ‘Upgrade this PC now’ – if you want to upgrade the current system you’re using OR
- It’s better to select “Create installation media for another PC” option, so that, you can later update current PC or install Windows 10 on another PC.
- If you selected the above option, then read further.
- As you’ve downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file on a USB pen drive or a DVD, then either mount the ISO file & then run ‘setup.exe’ from it.
Clean Install Windows 10
- You can use the same ISO file for clean installation of Windows 10, if you don’t have any operating system currently installed.
Windows 10 Upgrade Versions
Here is how you’ll get upgraded to, based on your current Windows installation.
|Host operating system edition||Windows 10 edition|
|Windows 7 StarterWindows 7 Home BasicWindows 7 Home PremiumWindows 8/8.1
Windows 8.1 with Bing
Windows 10 Home
|Windows 10 Home|
|Windows 7 ProfessionalWindows 7 UltimateWindows 8 ProWindows 8.1 Pro
Windows 8/8.1 Professional with Media Center
Windows 10 Pro
|Windows 10 Pro|
|Windows 8/8.1 Single LanguageWindows 8 Single Language with Bing||Windows 10 Home Single Language|
|Windows 8/8.1 Chinese Language EditionWindows 8 Chinese Language Edition with Bing||Windows 10 Home China|
Need assistance in clean installation or
upgrading to the new Windows 10?
Contact us or call us toll-free 1 (888) 361-8511 to find out more.
If you upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won’t have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer.