Jewelry making is a fairly new addition to Scrolls online. Released alongside the Summerset Chapter in 2019 – 5 years after the game first launched – jewelry crafting has quickly become one of the best ways to earn gold and improve your character. It follows many of the same rules as other crafting professions, although there are some quirks you’ll need to learn if you hope to become a master jeweler.
From finding crafting components to upgrading your current gear, here’s everything you need to know ESO jewelry making.
Jewelry making gives you the chance to create and upgrade your favorite rings and necklaces. However, it also means a little more complicated than other crafts. As ZeniMax said at its launch, jewelry making requires “more effort to develop your craft than usual”. That means it’s best to take some time to familiarize yourself with the other forms of crafting in ESO before jumping into the jewels game. You will also need to purchase the Summerset Chapter to gain access to the skill.
Once you decide to take the leap, you’ll need to follow a recipe that seems oddly familiar – gather materials, find a jewelry crafting station, then craft, improve , research or decipher your jewelry. Tasks take more time than worth your time. Not only does it allow you to upgrade your favorite gear, but it’s also one of the best ways to earn gold of all. ESO. Leveling up is also very simple – just keep doing any kind of jewel quest, and you’ll slow down watching your level up.
Before you can craft any ornate, valuable items, you’ll need to scour the world for ingredients. They can be found in the Seams scattered throughout the rocky parts of Tamriel. Interact with them to harvest Dust, which can then be refined at a jewelry crafting station and used to craft new items. What you can harvest depends on your Engraver level and your character’s level – here’s a table to see what level you’ll need to harvest different forms of Dust:
- Levels 1-25: Pewter
- Level 26-50: Bronze
- Champion level 10-60: Silver
- Champion Level 70-140: Electrum
- Champion Level 150-160: Platinum
With plenty of Dust in your inventory, you’re ready to start crafting. Head to the nearest jewelry crafting station – which you’ll find in most major cities – and interact with it to open your menu. You will immediately notice several options that allow you to do more than just craft new items. In fact, it should look very familiar to anyone who has experimented with any other form of crafting.
What are these ESO Jewelry making allows you to do:
This is where you’ll take all that Dust and combine it into Ounces – the refined ingredient used for crafting. You will need a large amount of Dust to do the refining successfully, so make sure you have harvested a lot of Seams or have traded with friends to get all the necessary resources.
With Ounce in hand, you’re ready to craft a bit of jewelry. Crafting jewelry in ESO limit you to rings and necklaces only. However, you can make things a little more interesting by choosing the Materials and Traits you want to use to craft your new item. New Materials will be unlocked as you level up, and Traits can be learned using the Research option in the crafting menu.
In your time with ESO, You’ll eventually fill your inventory with items you don’t need anymore. Instead of selling them, consider decluttering them. This will destroy the item and give you new materials in the process. The higher your level and the stronger the item, the better materials you will harvest. If you’re not excited to run around looking for key crafting and improvement components, deconstruction will quickly become your best friend.
One note – only jewels picked up after the Summerset launch can be decoded. It’s not a big deal, but if you’re wondering why you’re having problems trying to decipher a certain piece of jewelry, this could be the culprit.
If you’re already a lover of your rings or necklaces and don’t need to create new ones, crafting stations give you the option to improve their rarity. That means you can keep all their beneficial properties and take them to the next level. Here are the items – called Bars or Platings – that you need to take the step to the next level:
- Good: Terne
- Superiority: Iridium
- Epic: Zircon
- Legendary: Chromium
In addition to deconstruction equipment, you can also obtain these items by refining Dust. Every time you refine a material, you’ll have a chance to get Particles – which can then be combined and turned into Plated.
Take an unwanted item and learn a related Trait. This will allow you to apply the Trait to any future Jewels you craft – as long as you have the necessary ingredients, such as Cobalt for Arcane or Antimony for Health. The full list of Traits can be found in the game, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Bloodthirsty (Slaughterstone): Increases damage against low health enemies.
- Arcane (Cobalt): Increases maximum Magicka.
- Swift (Golden Wax): Increases unmounted movement speed.
- Powerful (Zinc): Increases maximum stamina.
- Triune (Pearl of Dawn): Increases Health, Stamina and Magicka.
If you come across any Furniture that requires jewelry crafting skills, you’ll find them in this tab. Sketches can be found all over Tamriel, and you’ll often find them by pickpocketing, stealing, looting, or as special rewards for various quests.
Jewelry making has a lot of work to do, but if all of the above leaves you reeling, here’s a simple rundown of how it all works.
- Collect dust from the seams.
- Tweak 10 Dust to Ounce – with the ability to earn Grain.
- Structure items to earn useful resources.
- Beads can be refined into Plating, which is used to upgrade jewelry.
- Research unwanted items to learn Traits, granting your jewels unique abilities.
- Craft jewels using Ounces, imparting Traits along the way.
Jewelry making is akin to other crafts – such as Blacksmithing or Woodworking – although things tend to take a little longer and components are harder to find. Take your time, plan your crafting or improvement schedule, and slowly assemble the ingredients you need. Before you know it, you’ll have some of the most powerful accessories in Tamriel.
There is no easy way to quickly increase your level, but most players tend to have luck with the following methods:
- Deconstruction: One of the easiest ways to level up is to decode unwanted items. Not only does this provide great XP, but it also doesn’t require much planning. Just flip through your inventory, choose the jewelry you don’t need, and with one click you’ve decoded it. Other activities – such as crafting, tweaking, or improving – all require a lot of resources and tend to be a slower way to level up your skills. The higher the jewel’s rarity, the faster you’ll level up when deconstructing.
- Jewelry Crafts: It is not the greatest XP source, but it also gives you a decent amount of gold and crafting materials. You’ll need to get certified first – find Felarian in Alinor – but then you’ll be able to solve everyday problems by going to the Spirit Crafting Equipment board in most cities.