August may be cooling off, but this summer’s seemingly endless stream of video games continues. Gamescom kicked off today with an Opening Night Live event hosted by Geoff Keighley of the acclaimed Summer Olympics Festival. While the Xbox stream adjacent to Gamescom yesterday went bust, today’s broadcast is a must-see.
The stream is filled with news about new games, bringing in some E3-style energy before the fall release season begins. The important news of the day is Forbidden Horizon in the West and Halo Infinite finally got a release date. This was followed by an absence from Microsoft’s own show yesterday. However, that is not all. Saints Row is getting a reboot, Deadmau5 is creating a virtual world, and we’ve taken a closer look at Call of Duty: Vanguard. It’s more of an E3-sized presentation than this year’s E3.
In case you missed, here are all the key announcements from today’s Gamescom Opening Night live stream.
Halo Infinite finally has a release date
After a year of waiting, Halo Infinite finally arrived. The game is planned launches on December 8 for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. Multiplayer and single player modes will launch at the same time. News of the new date leaked earlier today as a fake listing appeared online on the Microsoft Store. Halo fans have become worried about whether the game will launch in 2021 after it was absent from yesterday’s Xbox Gamescom show. “No Halo” was a trending topic on Twitter yesterday after the event.
That’s not all we get in the segment. We also saw a new trailer for the game that gives a new look at cinema during its first multiplayer season. Plus, Halo is getting a custom Xbox Elite Series 2 controller that looks like Master Chief’s armor. Finally, the series will receive a special Xbox Series X console, which will be available for a limited time. Both of those new products are available for pre-order.
… but Forbidden Horizon in the West delayed
When Infinite halo has a 2021 release date, Forbidden Horizon in the West has been postponed. The open world game will now launch on February 18, 2022, rather than during the 2021 holiday season. It will launch on both PlayStation 4 and 5.
Better news, Horizon Zero DawnThe 60 fps patch is out now on PS5.
Saints Row is being rebooted
The Saints Row series is returning with a full reboot. Titles now available Saints Row, the game will have a slightly more base on the Grand Theft Auto-esque crime game. It will still have much of the humor and quirks that are at the core of the series (the first trailer is filled with top-notch jokes and stunts), although players shouldn’t expect to go to hell again. this. It will launch on February 25, 2022, for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.
Marvel’s Midnight Sun is a new game set in the Marvel Comics universe. The trailer introduced a lot of classic characters like Wolverine, Iron Man and Blade. It was developed by Firaxis, the company that created the XCOM series. It is described as a tactical RPG, which is in line with the rumors of the game’s existence that surfaced around E3 in June. It will launch in March 2022 and reveal the gameplay. will arrive on September 1st.
Hideo Kojima offers an extended look at Death Stranding: Director’s Cut
It wouldn’t be a show hosted by Geoff Keighley without Hideo Kojima. The director gave a trailer for Death Stranding: Director’s Cut show off the new features of the game. The upgraded game will have new items that increase Sam’s mobility. Thrusters allow Sam to make giant jumps from cliffs, a cannon that can launch cargo over long distances, and a buddy bot that can carry more cargo.
Other new features include a shooting range where Sam can test weapons, an online rating system, a race track, etc. The game also adds “action-packed” delivery missions that involve sneaking around. around a facility, Solid metal gears-Style. It looks like an important update that increases the slow speed of the original game and adds some quirky new mechanics. The game is scheduled to launch on September 24 for PS5.
We have some new footage of Call of Duty: Vanguard, the upcoming World War II-set shooter series. The announcement included some casting news, with Laura Bailey now voicing a female sniper named Polina. A gameplay clip in the new engine gave a first look at Polina’s story. We see her break out of captivity and use her stealth to stab enemies in the back and scale walls in first person. Call of Duty: Vanguard will be released on November 5th.
After being delayed indefinitely earlier this year, we finally have a fresh look at LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. A new trailer shows off some of the iconic locations and characters from the Star Wars franchise. The game doesn’t have an official release date, but it’s currently scheduled to launch in spring 2022 for consoles and PC.
Electronic music artist and producer Deadmau5 is getting into video games with Oberhalsi. The ambitious project is described as a virtual world where fans of the artist’s music can gather. It will host live music events and have various activities for players. Anyone can create their own content and add it to the game. The project exists entirely in Core, a program filled with user-generated content. It is downloadable through the Epic Games Store.
Vikings survival game Valheim is receiving a new update called Hearth and Home. The expansion features a new animated trailer that reveals what to expect from the new content, although no firm details have been revealed. The update will be available on September 16.
- Cult of the Lamb is a dark and cute new indie by Devolver Digital starring a lamb.
- A new trailer debuts for the indie title Midnight Fight Express is being implemented by a team of one developer.
- April O’Neil will join the list of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge.
- We reviewed 12 party games that will be in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania. In addition, Morgana from Persona 5 participating in the game.
- Splitgate is having a proper season, which will bring new modes to the game.
- We have a new trailer for Ubisoft’s Riders Republic. The game’s beta is now open to everyone.
- Century: Age of Ashes Released on November 18th.
- UFL is a new free football game for all major consoles.
- Synced: Off-Planet is a sci-fi shooter that will be fully revealed tomorrow.
- The oldest test is the latest installment of the horror series, coming out in 2022.
- Dokev is a colorful, open-world monster-collecting game by developer Pearl Abyss.
- Jurassic World Evolution 2 coming up on November 9th.
- Far Cry 6 got a new story trailer that gives a different look at Giancarlo Esposito’s villainous dictator Yara.
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Blood Hunt will have early access on Steam on September 7th.
- Park Beyond is an amusement park management game by Bandai Namco coming out in 2022.
- Jett: The Far Shore will launch on October 5 for PS4, PS5 and PC through the Epic Games Store.
- Amazon’s MMO New world will receive the public beta in September.
- Marvel’s Future Revolution, a mobile action RPG, is available on the App Store and Google Play Store today.
- Tales of Luminaria is a new mobile RPG coming to iOS and Android.
- Jumanji: The Curse Returns Coming soon to Nintendo Switch and PC.
- A new trailer for Judgment lost launched, offering a different look at the game.
- We have reviewed Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockoutnext jungle-themed in-game event.
- Age of Empire IV there’s another trailer after yesterday’s one in Microsoft’s Gamescom stream.
- Xbox Games CrossfireX there’s a new trailer showing off its fast-paced action.
- Sifu will be released on February 22nd.