Square Enix and Eidos-Montréal have revealed the “almost complete” soundtrack for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxyand fans of 80s classic tunes will love it. The list includes everything from meme songs like that of Rick Astley I will never leave you to hair-metal classics like Kickstart My Heart by Mötley Crue.
The list includes 28 licensed songs from the 1980s and two original songs performed by the Star-Lord Band in the universe, the latter of which received two animated music videos.
Here is the full song list:
- I will never leave you – The canyon piled up
- Kickstart My Heart – Mötley Crue
- Turn Me Loose – Lover
- Hold on to a hero – Bonnie Tyler
- Wake me Up Before You Go – Rub!
- (Fear not) The Reaper – Green Oyster Cult
- Turn on the radio – Signature
- Don’t worry, be happy – Bobby McFerrin
- White wedding – Idol Billy
- Hit me with your best shot – Pat Benatar
- Everyone have a nice evening – Wang Chung
- Rock Rock (Until you drop) – Def Leppard
- Everyone wants to rule the world – Crying out of fear
- Hangin ‘Tough – New kids on the block
- Poisoned love – Soft cells
- I Ran (So Far Away) – A flock of seagulls
- Everyone is a winner – Hot chocolate
- I will fall 4 Ya – Culture Club
- We don’t want to take it – Twisted sister
- I love It Loud – KISS
- Assume me – A-ha
- Love song – Simple thinking
- Call me – Blondie
- Since you been gone – Rainbow
- Relax – Frankie goes to Hollywood
- Warrior – Scandal, Patty Smyth
- We built this city – Spaceship
- Final countdown – Europe
- Do not let heroes – The Star-Lord Band
- Space Riders have no name – The Star-Lord Band
Original Guardians of the Galaxy the movie was praised for its excellent licensed soundtrack, and it looks like the game will be no different. Along with the aforementioned meme songs and hair-metal classics, the list includes alternative hits like Relax and Everyone wants to rule the world, have very different vibes but all exude nostalgia.
There is also a good bit of classical rock music with White Wedding, Call Me, and (Fear not) The Reaper. Some songs are still notable today: Assume me considered the biggest hit wonder ever for several decades, and We built this city was voted the worst song of all time.
While these songs are fun to listen to, they don’t have to be thread safe. For streamers and content creators who want to use games in their videos, Guardians of the Galaxy There will be a “streaming safe” mode that replaces licensed background music with alternative music. It’s a good idea, but it’s also a shame that fans who want to watch the game on Twitch or other streaming services won’t be able to experience much of what the franchise is known for.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy launches October 26 for PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC, and Nintendo Switch via Cloud.