Pokémon Unite is a unique installment in the long-running series, substituting its turn-based battles for frenetic MOBA action. As if that change weren’t enough, the game also gives you the option to dress up your monsters in fun – and adorable – outfits. If you’ve ever wanted to see Snorlax wearing sunglasses and rocking an inflatable tube, Pokémon Unite is the game for you.
However, equipping your Pokémon squad with flashy suits is not as simple as you think. From Aeos Emporium to Zirco Trading, here’s what you need to know about customizing your Pokémon in Pokémon Unite.
Think of the Aeos Emporium as the boring – but necessary – way to customize your Pokémon. Nothing you buy here will change the in-game look of your playable characters, but they will have an impact on your stats. Kept items such as the Rocky Helmet and Assault Jacket are listed in the Aeos Emporium and can be purchased with Aeos Coins or Aeos Tickets. Here’s a quick breakdown of how it all works:
- Aeos Coins are earned simply by playing Pokémon Unite. It is possible to earn up to 2,100 a week.
- Aeos Tickets are earned through Ranked Match Season Rewards and special events.
- Items available for your Pokémon in the Aeos Emporium include:
- Rocky helmet
- Attack Vest
- Sharing experiences
- Technical Specifications Atk
- Attack Weight
- Buddy Barrier
Remember – none of these will change the look of your Pokémon, but they’re a good way to tweak your stats before going into battle. If you have trouble finding the Aeos Emporium, go to The main menu, then select Store from the bottom of the screen. From there you will find Aeos Emporium listed below Solidarity Combat Committee.
If you’re looking to equip your Pokémon with eye-catching gear, look no further than Zirco Trading. This is where you’ll find a ridiculous variety of skins, most of which require the premium Aeos Gems currency. After navigating to the Zirco Trading screen following the same instructions as above, press More on your controller to open your Currency Details. From here you will be able to add Aeos Gems to your virtual wallet with real money.
The Zirco Trading store also has a section where you can redeem Holowear Tickets for exclusive cosmetics. They are earned from Battle Pass chests and can also be earned as Energy Rewards. Here’s a quick rundown of how cosmetics work in Pokémon Unite:
- Some cosmetics only apply to your character’s final evolution. For example, there might be an outfit that doesn’t work on Charmander or Charmeleon and only takes effect once you’ve evolved into Charizard.
- Rare cosmetics can apply effects to the entire evolution line – although you’ll likely end up paying a pretty penny for these.
- Animations and attack sequences can be affected by different high-end cosmetics.
Zirco Trading shops can be a fun way to customize your Pokémon, but keep in mind that they offer no in-game advantage.