Digital Trends may earn a commission when you make purchases through links on our website.
Labor Day is more than just a celebration of the labor movement and its contribution to the economic and social achievements of American workers. Like most federal holidays, it has been turned into a shopping mall – an opportunity to take home must-have hardware on the cheap. We’re talking clothes, laptops, mattresses, smartphones, TVs, and everything in between. However, you’ll need to act fast: Unlike during Cyber Week, the best Labor Day sales last for just one day. When they’re over, they’re over. Incognito.
Labor Day is always celebrated on the first Monday of September, which is significant Labor Day 2021 falls on September 6. However, you don’t have to wait until then to take home a bargain. Some retailers start Labor Day sales a little earlier – usually the Friday before. This means that the best Labor Day sales will land between September 3 and September 7. However, the most significant savings won’t come Monday and as they are. I said before, they’ll last until midnight when they’re gone only to come back on Black Friday last November.
This depends on what you are looking for. If it’s a 4K TV, check out Best Buy or Walmart. If it’s an iPad, Amazon is the highlight. Mattress? You’ll want to see a producer like Casper. See where are we going here? You don’t have to make this decision on your own, though: We’ve put together a quick list of where we expect to see the best deals for Labor Day 2021. Just keep in mind that Coin A digital direction will appear at the start of the sale, highlighting all the best deals right here, so be sure to check back closer in time for more structured buying advice.
- Discount on Labor Day on Amazon: Amazon doesn’t hold a Labor Day sale, but they’ve slashed prices on some must-have electronics and gadgets (even more than usual), and that can’t be a coincidence.
- Discount on Adorama Labor Day: Adorama has discounted everything from AirPods and DSLRs to MacBooks and Surface Books for Labor Day. There are no themes for the savings, so let’s see what’s new.
- Labor Day discount best buy: Best Buy has extended its Labor Day Appliance Sale to high-end electronics. We are talking about iPads, iPhones, MacBooks, 4K TVs, etc. (Almost) everything is on offer!
- Photo B&H Video Labor Day Sale: Hunting for a new MacBook Pro? Earphone? Projectors? These are just a few of the different gadgets that B&H Photo Video has discounted for Labor Day 2021.
- Dell’s Labor Day Discount: Dell is offering big discounts not only on laptops, monitors, and other computer hardware, but also smart home technology like Roombas, Nest Learning Thermostats, and Samsung 4K TVs.
- GameStop Labor Day Sale: GameStop has dropped a number of must-have games and accessories on Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One to celebrate Labor Day. Hurry up, though: Stocks are running out.
- Microsoft Labor Day Discount: Microsoft is selling off some must-have laptops on the cheap for Labor Day, and with discounts up to $800 under the sticker, it’s a sale not to be missed.
- Labor Day discount best buy: Best Buy’s Labor Day home appliance sale is in full swing, offering hefty discounts on kitchen appliances like dishwashers, refrigerators, and washer-dryers.
- Dyson Labor Day discount: Save up to $150 on select Dyson small home appliances, including the Dyson V11 Torque cordless vacuum and the Dyson Pure Cool BP04 cleaning bladeless fan.
- Lowe’s Labor Day Discount: Lowe’s is offering up to 40% off home appliances, patio furniture, and everything else you’ll want to use inside or outside your home, including barbecue grills.
- Discount on Labor Day at Home Depot: Just like Lowe’s, Home Depot is selling home appliances, patio furniture, tools and more home essentials for up to 40% less than their retail price. Beautiful.
- Safe Labor Day discount for employees Simpli: Looking to tighten security around your home this Labor Day? SimpliSafe is offering 20% off any new system and getting a free $99 SimpliCam with every order.
While there aren’t any International Day sales happening right now, there are some great deals on must-haves like AirPods, Keurigs, Kindles, iPads, iPhones, MacBooks, 4K TVs, and more. Even 8K TVs are sure to run through the mall. We’ve listed all the best deals below. Highlights? Amazon has $50 off both Apple iPad 10.2 and Apple iPad Mini, bringing the first down to $280 from $330 and the second down to $350 from $400. But act fast: They won’t last long at these prices.
Is the cheap day sale too good to be true?
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: For every good deal out there during a shopping event like Labor Day and Black Friday, there are at least a dozen bad things. That’s why it’s important to not only consult an unbiased source of buying advice to find out if the deal you’re looking at is really worth your hard earned money, but also must be aware of the tricks retailers use to trick customers into thinking they are looking at them unwisely. Below, we’ve put together some tips to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible this Labor Day 2021.
- Compare: It can be difficult to do this for clothing, but if you’re shopping for electronics, a quick check of other stores can help you decide if you’re getting a good price (if you find one that you’re not sure about). offer here, skip this step).
- Read: Some sales aren’t all they do, but you have to read all the details to know that. BOGO can mean many different things, and mail-in discounts are always more work than they should be.
- Think: Deals are designed to help you make compelling buying decisions, so make sure you’ve reviewed them thoroughly before clicking. Buy now. If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Be reasonable.
Digital Trends can earn commissions on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.