Thanks to The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Coming to Nintendo Switch, there’s never been a better time to experience the earliest entry in the Zelda timeline. Skyward Sword responsible for introducing many of the mechanics that will be built and improved in future games, namely The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but also preserve many of the oldest traditions. Most importantly, of course, is Link’s health represented by heart containers, which you can expand by collecting four heart pieces hidden around the world.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, Just like the original on the Wii, hide 24 additional heart pieces in the sky and land below for you to follow. However, these are not the only things that collectors have to worry about. Having those extra heart containers can literally mean the difference between life and death in an uphill fight or boss battle as getting them all will give you six hearts. additional heart. With so much to find and huge areas in the sky and on the ground to search, check out this guide to where to find all the heart pieces.
The first six heart pieces will be found in hidden Goddess Cubes. There are only 27 of these, and each has a reward, but only these six will have heart pieces. If you’re not familiar with Goddess Cubes, you activate them by hitting them with a fully charged attack from the sky. Once done, the cube will disappear and a chest will appear in the sky, which means you’ll need to track down the cube as well as the treasure back to Skyloft.
- The first cube is located just outside the Skyview Temple. Activate it and the chest will appear on a small island south of Skyloft.
- Next, go to the time temple and find a car bomb that was previously blocked by a robot on the tracks. While driving, you’ll need to charge up your Skyward Strike and be ready to smash the left cube as you ride. Chests will appear on Beedle Island.
- In the Faron forest, once you climb to the top of the Great Tree using your claws, find the roots, you can jump down to the northeast with a Goddess Cube on it. The chest will appear on the island south of the Lanaryu gate. You can fall to the island if you’re careful, but swipes are a much safer way to reach the chest.
- While in the Pirate Hideout, after using the Timeshift Sphere to open the large mouth on the island, you can go through a door in the middle of the island. Above this door is a target that you can swipe up, then another that will take you to the Goddess Cube. The Link Chest is located on the east side of Skyloft and requires those with claws to climb the vines to the top of the waterfall that feeds into the town’s lake below.
- This Goddess Cube requires the scale of the Water Dragon to obtain, so complete the Silent Realm before following this one. Head to the east side of Eldin Volcano and head to the big sand slide at the north end. While sliding down, follow the path to the left and stop on the platform on the left side with a spot you can dig. On the next background down you will see the Goddess Cube. Chests are easy to get. It appears right in the middle of Skyloft, but will again require the ability to swim underwater to reach.
- The last part of the heart linked to the Goddess Cubes will take you to the cave you pass through on your way into the Fire Sanctuary. There is an exit to the cave that takes you to a waterfall that you can use to put out the fire on the frog figurines. Simply jump off the cliff here next to the waterfall to land next to the Goddess Cube. Chests will appear on Bug Island. From the top, drop south on a small wooden ledge with a chest.
Next, Faron Woods keeps three heart pieces to collect, with the only main requirement being a bomb bag.
- To the north of the Faron Woods was a large tree with massive roots growing out. Find the root you can run along from the south. You have to get to a rope so you can walk across a platform with a heart piece waiting to be collected.
- In the area between the Faron Forest and the Hidden Forest, you will meet a Goron named Gorko. In exchange for his drawings, he will give you a heart piece. Just talk to him to find out what he wants you to draw – bombs, arrows, hearts or fairy symbols – and draw it on the wall for an easy heart piece.
- The last one asks for bomb bags. The fastest way to where you need to be is to bend over to the “In the Forest” statue and head north until you discover a cracked wall just begging to be blown up. Drop a bomb here and collect the heart piece inside the cave.
The only heart piece in Skyview Temple is in the area where you get the first Beetle item. Once you have it, deploy it and use it to trigger a switch near the top of the central structure. The switch will cause the portal at the bottom to open, allowing you to pick up this heart piece.
We have two heart pieces to get while in Pumpkin Landing.
- While in the Pumpkin Landing pub, go to the second floor and roll Link into the rafters to take out the heart shard.
- The second heart piece is a reward for completing all the side quests that the owner of Lumpy Pumpkin gives you, including delivering Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Harvest, and Kina’s song. Complete them all for this section.
As big as Skyloft, there are only four hearts in the wild to collect, and they’re all complicated.
- First, collect 10 Gratitude Crystals and give them to Batreaux, who will give you a heart piece. Gratitude Crystals can be found around Skyloft and are a reward for some side quests.
- This heart fragment can be discovered from inside Zelda’s room through a crack in Karane’s wall, but getting there requires swipes. Scale the Knight Academy building and, from the roof, use your claws to hang from the chimney. Make the best impression of your Santa and fall down the chimney and inside. Here you can climb into a hole that leads into Zelda’s room, where you can open the chest and get the heart piece.
- Beedle will sell you a piece of the heart, but at a hefty price. You’ll need an extended wallet to carry that money, or you can do the Beedle’s Missing Bug side quest, which will give you a 50% discount.
- The final heart part requires you to have completed the side quest Fledge’s Workout. Once you have, Fledge will appear behind the academy building and let you play a Pumpkin Pull mini-game. Reach 600 points or more to earn a heart piece as a prize.
In the southwest part of Eldin Volcano you can see the heart piece at the top, and although you can take your Beetle outside to get it, that won’t work. Instead, direct your Beetle over the heart piece and into the bomb next to an armored Pyrup. The bomb will push Pyrup out of the way, so you can walk around to get the heart piece.
Once you’ve finished fixing Fun Fun Island, you’ll unlock another mini-game called Dodoh’s Drop, where you need to fall through a series of hoops and land on one of the rupee spaces. If you get the maximum score by dropping through all five hoops and hitting the 50 rupees gap, you’ll earn this heart piece.
Head to the northeast end of the Lanayru Desert and scan the walls near the end of the track for walls that you can blow open with bombs. Open it and follow the path to a piece of heart.
Here’s another heart piece that you need to photograph. Go all the way up to the crow’s nest on the Sandship and use the swipes to reach the aft area of the ship. On this ledge is a chest with a heart piece waiting for you inside.
Once in the area after taking the Sandship heart piece, return to the Shipyard and start the Rickety Coaster mini-game. In particular, you will want to take a course called “Heart Stopping” and spend time under 1:05.00 to earn a piece of heart.
This heart piece requires you to have Mogma Mitts. While in Fire Sanctuary, head to the far northwest corner and find a spot you can dig just before hitting the lava river. Once you’re done digging, you’ll need to capture Mogma in the tunnel to earn this heart piece.
Another convenient thing to do after the last, which again requires Mogma Mitts, is the Volcano Summit just outside the Fire Sanctuary entrance. Here you will find a rumor stone that you can dig right in front of you. Do so and this piece of heart is yours.
Our last heart piece is in Lanayru Gorge, but you’ll have to unlock boss mode first. This is done by healing the sick Thunder Dragon, which you need to do anyway to get the third part of the Heroic Song. Once you do, talk to him to access the boss rush mode by selecting “Battle! from his list of options. If you can defeat four bosses in a row, you will get this last heart piece.